About MUSIC PR
Thank you for using MUSIC PR.
PR can mean PRomotion, Press Release, or Public Relations. In other words, getting info and news to people.
MUSIC PR is a platform that brings a variety of music info and news to consumers and music industry people in Japan.
MUSIC PR content is created/posted by artists, bands, labels, and other people in the music industry in Japan and around the world. Content is curated by our staff.
MUSIC PR is developed and managed by JICS MEDIA (aka "JICS"), a pioneer in the internet industry promoting cultural exchange and international business with Japan since 1996.
Submit You PR
Promote your music, release, video, playlist, event, or music-related business or product in Japan — the second largest music market in the world in terms of sales. And number one in the world for per capita expenditure on music and music-related products/services.
We accept submissions from people and companies in the music industry from any country such as artists, bands, record labels, artist management, music service providers, distributors, venues, concert promoters, music shops, music schools, ad agencies, publicists, music media, music instrument/gear manufacturers and sellers, music software/app companies, etc.
All submissions are reviewed by our staff and those that meet our specifications and standards for quality, content and accuracy are published in MUSIC PR. Free automatic Japanese translation is provided by Google Translate (AI machine translation). Human translation/writing by professional linguists specializing in the music industry is also available if required.
At present, it is free to submit your PR. Most submissions are approved and published within 2-4 business days. However, we do not guarantee that your PR submission will be reviewed in a certain time period or be approved and published in the MUSIC PR website. We reserve the right to refuse PR submissions or to delete PR's at our discretion and without prior notification. We may also limit the number of free submissions by the same person.
You can submit your PR (info, news, press release) to one of the following categories:
This PR category is for promoting and providing info about artist/bands. To add an artist/band to the ARTIST category, please register at Top Music Japan to create a Japanese/English Artist Page that includes your content such as images/photos, bio/about text, music player, video player, news, social media, links to shops and streaming services where your music is available, and other links. You can modify the content of your Artist Page anytime to keep your info current. This Artist Page is added to MUSIC PR.
Samples Submit PR
This PR category is for announcing and providing info about your album or single. To submit your album or single to the RELEASE category, it should be available on at least one of the following music platforms: Spotify, Apple Music, BandCamp, ReverbNation, Amazon Music, AWA, or YouTube Music. Your PR can include a music player, a short description or some text about your release, a YouTube or Vimeo video or playlist related to the release, links to shops and streaming services where the release is available, and links to your website and social media.
Samples Submit PR
3. MUSIC VIDEO
This PR category is for announcing and promoting your YouTube music (or lyric) video. To submit your music video to the MUSIC VIDEO category, it should be a YouTube video that can be viewed by the public and that can be played on another website (i.e. embedding allowed).
Samples Submit PR
4. LIVE EVENT
This PR category is for announcing and providing info about your live music event such as a tour, concert, festival, or online live music stream. The PR includes your images, event info, promotional video (if available), music player (so people can listen to your music), and links.
Samples Submit PR
This PR category is for promoting and providing info about your record label or other music industry related business such as distribution, management, publicity, marketing, production, recording, mastering, etc. The PR includes your images, business overview/info/description, promotional video (if available), music player (if applicable), news, social media, and links.
Samples Submit PR
This PR category is for providing music industry related news and interviews. The PR includes your images, article, video (if available), music player (if applicable), and links.
Samples Submit PR
7. MUSIC GEAR
This PR category is for providing info or a press release about music gear such as musical instruments, equipment, software, apps, and accessories. Music gear manufacturers and shops that sell music gear can submit to this category. The PR includes your images, product info, shop info, video (if available), music player (if applicable), and links.
Samples Submit PR
This PR category is for promoting and providing info about your Spotify, Apple Music or YouTube Playlist. The PR includes your embedded playlist in the music player (or video player if YouTube Playlist), description of your playlist, main image, and related links (if applicable).
Samples Submit PR
* By submitting a PR you certify that you have permission or authorization to act on behalf of the artist, band, company, or party to which the PR content is related, and you grant MUSIC PR permission to publish your PR in the MUSIC PR website. Please read the Terms and Conditions before submitting a PR.
Advertising on MUSIC PR
You can have your PR "featured" at the top of category pages. Banner (image) ad space is also available. Please use the contact form to inquire about fees and details.
Since the MUSIC PR website may contain widgets, links and content from other companies, please check the policies and terms/conditions of the respective providers (i.e. ReverbNation, SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
Copyrights and Trademarks
All rights regarding all content provided by MUSIC PR and its developer/operator, JICS MEDIA (hereafter "JICS"), belong to JICS or the original rights holder who have permitted or licensed the use of such content to JICS. In addition, all rights related to MUSIC PR designs, etc., and rights related to logos, trademarks, etc. displayed in MUSIC PR belong to JICS or the original rights holder(s). The use of any content provided on the MUSIC PR website in any manner outside the scope of personal use permitted by copyright law without the permission of JICS or the original rights holder(s) is prohibit ted.
Terms and Conditions for Using Music PR and PR Submissions
These terms appy mainly to users who submit content to be published on the MUSIC PR website.
Permission and Authorization to Submit PR Content
Only those with permission or authorization to represent the artist/band, company or party related to the PR content may submit content to be published on the MUSIC PR website. By submitting PR content to be published on the MUSIC PR website you certify that you have the permission or authorization to do so on behalf of the artist/band, company or party related to the PR content. If we determine otherwise, your PR content will be refused or deleted from the MUSIC PR website and you will not be allowed to make any more submissions.
By submitting PR content to be published on the MUSIC PR website you grant MUSIC PR permission to publish your PR and its contents in the MUSIC PR website.
Please do not upload or submit any images, audio, video, code, text, links, or any content that violates any laws, or that you do not have the rights or permission to use, or that is considered discriminatory, hateful or sexually offensive. If you do so, we have the right to refuse your submission or edit/ delete your PR content on the MUSIC PR website.
Invalid Impressions (Page Views)
You may not use any means to artificially inflate website impressions (page views) of your PR content on the MUSIC PR website.
Website impressions (page views) should result from genuine visitors. Any method that artificially generates impressions (page views) of your content on MUSIC PR is strictly prohibited. These prohibited methods include, but are not limited to, repeated manual clicks or impressions, automated click and impression generating tools and the use of robots or deceptive software.
If you fail to comply with these policies, we reserve the right to remove/delete your content at any time. In such a case, you will not be eligible for further participation in our services and a refund will not be issued if payment was made.
Limitations and Disclaimers
JICS may discontinue or modify all or certain sections of the MUSIC PR website, the system or services without any prior notice due to the following:
- Regular and emergency system maintenance and upgrades
- Fire, flood, natural disasters, power outages, sabotage, labor strike, and third party attacks and activities that cause damage or interruption to our system and services
- Other cases where JICS determines it necessary to discontinue/deactivate the system or services
We are not responsible for any damages caused by the user's inability to use the MUSIC PR website or its services. In addition, regardless of the legal cause of claim, JICS is not liable for any damages, losses, expenses, etc., arising from the use of MUSIC PR under any circumstances.
If a user causes damage to any party by using MUSIC PR, the user is fully responsible for any damages or expenses and shall resolve any disputes at their own expense.
THE MUSIC PR WEBSITE (hereafter known as the "SITE"), THE SERVICES, AND THE CONTENT THEREON ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE MAKE NO, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL, WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DO NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES.
Without limiting the foregoing:
- (a) We and the Related Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information in the Site Content. We and the Related Parties are not responsible for the content of, accuracy of, or statements or opinions expressed by third parties in any Site Content, including any User Content or in advertisements or solicitations. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Site. Site Content is not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. We do not make editorial decisions related to User Content. Inclusion of any Site Content, including links to other websites, does not imply approval or endorsement of the Site Content by us.
- (b) Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Site or Services, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You agree that we and the Related Parties shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between you and any third party, you understand and agree that we are under no obligation to become involved.
- (c) You understand the speculative nature of the music industry, and we make no guarantees whatsoever with respect to the marketing, promotion, acceptance, development, or popularity of you, your band, your music, or otherwise in connection with your use of the Site or Services; and we further make no guarantees whatsoever that any materials you create or distribute using our Site or Services, including your music, will achieve any results or be purchased or otherwise used by any third party.
- (d) The Site and the Services may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. We are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, the Site or the Services. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software, or the failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or blocking from the destination mail servers, including injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Site or the Services. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of the Services, the Site, or any Site Content.
- (e) By using the Site and/or Services, you hereby release us and the Related Parties from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to your use of the Site and/or Services.
- (f) IN NO EVENT WILL WE AND THE RELATED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR ANY LOST PROFITS AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, EVEN IF WE ARE AWARE OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- (g) NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE OF OUR AND THE RELATED PARTIES’ LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE, LOSS, COST, DAMAGE, OR CLAIM WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COSTS AND EXPERT WITNESS FEES AND COSTS, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, EXCEED TEN DOLLARS (US$10). YOU AGREE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY REPRESENTS A REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF RISK. THIS ALLOCATION OF RISK AND THE DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES HEREIN ARE A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Last Updated：Jan. 1, 2023
MUSIC PR (JICS) is strongly committed to protecting your privacy and complying with your choices. Both personal and non-personal information collected is safeguarded according to the highest privacy and data protection standards adopted worldwide.
- Your information will not be shared, rented or sold to any third party.
- We use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
We only ask for the name and email address of the person submitting a PR to be published on the MUSIC PR website. Otherwise you may browse the content on the MUSIC PR website without providing any personal information. However, if you contact MUSIC PR or any person who submitted a PR on the MUSIC PR website, your name and email address will be asked in order to respond to you.
Any personal information we collect or receive is never shared outside JICS without your permission.
In very rare instances MUSIC PR (JICS) may disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on JICS or the MUSIC PR website; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of JICS and its family of websites and properties; and (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of MUSIC PR, JICS or the public.
The MUSIC PR website may contain links to other websites of third parties. JICS is not responsible for the actions of these third parties, including their privacy practices and any content posted on their web sites. We encourage you to review their privacy policies to learn more about what, why and how they collect and use personal information. JICS adheres to industry recognized standards to secure any personal information in our possession, and to secure it from unauthorized access and tampering. However, as is true with all online actions, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions of personal information, or other users of the Site may misuse or abuse your personal information that they may collect from the Site.
MUSIC PR (JICS) uses its own as well as third-party advertising companies (i.e. Google Ad Network) to serve ads on its website. These third-party advertising companies employ cookies or web beacons to measure and improve the effectiveness of ads for their clients. To do so, these companies may use anonymous information about your visits to our website and other websites, but will not collect any information which can personally identify you or can be linked to you. This information can include: date/time of banner ad shown, the banner ad that was shown, their cookie, and the IP address. This information can also be used for online preference marketing purposes.
Changes To This Policy
Last Updated：Jan. 1, 2023
MUSIC PR (JICS) is strongly committed to protecting your privacy and complying with your choices. We follow and adhere to the highest internet standards adopted worldwide.
International law requires us to ask for your permission when placing certain kinds of cookies on your devices for the first time. Where consent is required, the law states that it should be ‘informed consent’. We want to ensure that you understand what cookies are and why we use them.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve your user experience. They can also help to ensure that ads you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Certain aspects of the MUSIC PR website require your computer, tablet or mobile phone to accept cookies, as, without them, you won’t be able to take advantage of the personalization that we offer. However, you are at liberty to restrict, block or delete cookies from this or any other website by checking the Help menu on your browser for guidance on changing your cookie preferences. Please be reassured that cookies will be properly destroyed after inactivity or logout.
The MUSIC PR website uses the Google Ad Network to serve ads on the site and Google Analytics to measure statistics of our site. Google may place cookies on your device to help deliver more relevant ads to users and to measure usage of our site.
There are 4 main cookie categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential in order to enable the visitor to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these, cookie services that have been asked for cannot be provided. These cookies don't gather any information about the visitor that could be used for marketing, or remember where they have been on the internet. These cookies will not be used to gather information that could be used for marketing to the user or to remember customer preferences or user ID’s outside a single session (unless the user has requested this function).
- Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies allow a website to remember choices a visitor makes (such as user name, language or the region they are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that can be customized. They may also be used to provide services the visitor has asked for.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies are used to deliver ads more relevant to the visitor and their interests. They are also used to limit the number of times they see an ad as well as help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember that a website has been visited and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
Learn More About Cookies
To learn more about cookies, please see http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Last Updated：Jan. 1, 2023