NAME: PATRICK LEW HAYASHI
ALSO KNOWN AS: Lewnatic, Patrick Lew, PLB, Masamichi Hayashi
JAPANESE NAME: 林 正道
BIRTHDAY: November 15, 1985 as Patrick Allan Lew
HOMETOWN: San Francisco, CA, United States
HEIGHT & WEIGHT: 6' / 134 lbs
BLOOD TYPE: O
ETHNICITY: Chinese-Taiwanese, Some Japanese, Remotely Southeast Asian
MARITAL STATUS: In A "LDR" With Amanda Johanneson (since 12/23/2022)
OCCUPATION: Musician, YouTuber, Music Producer, Grocer
YEARS ACTIVE: 1999 – Present
MEMBER & FORMERLY OF: Patrick Lew Band, TheVerse, Lewnatic, Crazy Loser in a Box!, Pleasure Gallows
LABELS: Statue Records, Bentley Records, Lewnatic Records (self-released)
GEAR USED: Mid-2012 MacBook Pro, Early 2015 MacBook Air, HP Steam Laptop (2021), Fender Telecaster, PreSonus Audiobox iOne, Logic Pro, Marshall CODE50 Amp, VOCALOID (for Madeline Lew's lead vocals), iMovie (for making YouTube videos), iPhone 13 PRO + various apps, Boss DS-2 Pedal, 20-Watt Glarry Practice Amp, A.I. Music Generators.
- Asian-American Non-Binary/Cis Male born and raised in San Francisco, CA, United States.
- Interested in Japanese culture and heritage since middle school.
- Studied Philosophy at CSU East Bay. Class of 2011, Graduated from Wallenberg High School and Soko Gakuen Japanese School in 2004.
- Started playing electric guitar at age 13 back in the Summer of 1999.
- Largely self-taught as a musician. Played in many garage bands, before decicing to create music solo as a bedroom producer.
- Began uploading and posting my music online back in the early-to-mid 2000s.
- In 2015, I created an alter-ego named Madeline Lew. Which is basically me in drag and digitally cosplaying as my female self. In marketing, she's my relative and twin-sibling. Like a Jack White and Meg White type of thang. Originally, it was a one-time thing. But it later received positive feedback on social-media, Madeline was made as a permanent mainstay in the Patrick Lew Band. Pretty soon after, PLB was rebranded as a "Metaverse" rock band. Or virtual rock band. Kind of like Gorillaz, Hatsune Miku, Alvin & The Chipmunks, Jem & The Holograms.
- By the late 2010s, I was playing in hella different local bands. And occasionally playing live locally in the Bay Area.
- Outside of music, I was also a former Brand Ambassador for Antennas Direct. And made an uncredited acting cameo on Season 4 and Episode 1 of the Amazon TV series The Man in the High Castle for like six seconds. Lol.
- I'm also an avid YouTuber since February 2007. I am one of the OG's of YouTubing.
- I started Lewnatic in 2019 originally as a rap-metal band wirh my friend Ahmed. The band was postponed for a few years during the pandemic. By 2022, I decided to rebrand Lewnatic as a simplified version of PLB. I'm basically acting onstage as a rock and roll DJ and guitarist. I would live-stream and tour under the Lewnatic banner from that point forward.
- By 2020, I became so-called prolific at what I do. From the year before, Patrick Lew Band (PLB) was inducted in the 40 Under 40 at our alma mater CSU East Bay. I was the first JA and the second Taiwanese-American male to receive the accolade. Soon after, I began receiving A LOT of recognition from digital music magazines and bloggers.
- Outside of the music and entertainment industry, I work as a full-time grocer at SAFEWAY here in San Francisco.
- In July 2022, Lewnatic signed a 1-year Artist Developmental Deal with NY-based label Bentley Records. While under contract with Bentley, I released and dropped 3 mini-albums worldwide and a few singles with Lewnatic on Spotify and every other streaming platform.
- My fans, my close friends here in the Bay, and my beloved mother mean everything to me.